Monday, January 22, 2007

Yesterday

Alright, well yesterday was Sunday and of course i went to church for another great time of storytelling but i tend nowadays not to hear a lot of hardcore biblical truth. So instead of paying attention i did what i usually do now and i read Scripture and tried to take something away from my time there. God, however is much more than just a good storyteller, (which makes me happy) I found some great stuff in the Bible. I showed up not expecting to teach Sunday school at all but i ended up teaching 2 classes. I do not remember everything we talked about but it was great. I am not at all a great teacher, i think i would be a better preacher or something. Not a pastor but a preacher. I wanted the guys there to walk away with two things yesterday. 1. never take anything that a preacher says as truth until you have examined it yourself with Scripture. 2. There is so much more to our God and His Word than you could ever imagine and you better start learning now.
I hope that God takes the mess i put in front of them and either brings them into a relationship with Himself, or gives them an unending passion for knowing Jesus intimately.
I also must thank my friend J.C. Thompson for his kind words that he posted on his blog today. I love you man.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Thanks. You continue to challenge me and encourage me to dig deeper into Scripture, and certainly God is glorified in that.