Wednesday, April 11, 2007

God is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

God continues to rock my world every single day!!! He is showing me so much in Scripture and it is very exciting when God is the one doing that.

Many of you don't really know how this whole journey started out. I thought i was saved on Oct. 17, 2001 because I prayed a prayer and my life was outwardly different but i soon found out that it doesn't matter very much how the outside looks if i wasn't changed inside. Then I heard a message on March 17, 2004 and again prayed a prayer and again thought i was saved. (this pray a prayer thing can be very misleading)and (the prayer of salvation wasn't even around until the 1950's- interesting that Paul and John and Jesus did not do this.) Anyways, after a couple of years i began to get really frustrated about my supposed relationship with God and i prayed that God would help me have a desire for Him and for His Word. The next morning i woke up changed, God had done a miracle in my life and all of a sudden I desired to know God and had a deep desire to read His Word. This is one of the main things that has caused me to question my old view of salvation and God's sovereignty. I made no decision, God simply did a work in my heart.

Then God began to show me things in His Word and things have been very different since then. That is the first time that i had any real assurance of my salvation because God showed me that 1 John was written so that i may know and that the only way to know that you are saved is to examine your life by Scripture.

God has turned my entire world upside down. He had to. I had to throw out a lot of things that i had learned from many teachers and allow God to reveal truth to me. All of that to say that our God is awesome and He still is changing lives.

No comments: