Friday, December 29, 2006

a response

There were a couple of comments that people have left concerning my latest post. There were a few things that I believe people have misinterpreted. First, I never said that in order for someone to be saved they must understand the Holy Spirit's role in salvation. I simply said that when we preach the Gospel we tend to leave out some very important parts and yes, that does cheapen what we preach and yes, sometimes I believe when we preach that way we can easily help condemn someone rather than lead them to Christ. When we preach the Gospel we must help people to understand that they must come and die and take up their cross in order to follow Christ.

2 comments:

Andrew N. said...

The funny thing about you jeff is that most people will end up agreeing with you in most cases after they hear all of what you have to say and after you describe what you mean by what "YOU" say. Just remeber not everyone understands the way you put things. I am one of your good friends and I don't even understand you most of the time until you explain what you mean in detail. But I know that, so I just wait till you do LOL. I love you man, your a trip sometimes. But I love talking to you about God.

Roger said...

There is little doubt that most of those who view your blog are believers. Even so, some may not be. This is especially worthy of consideration if the situation in the Church is as you have stated: People only receiving part of the message and therefore, possibly not enough to come to a proper understanding and to faith (if I have mis-represented your point, I apologize).
In light of this possibility, perhaps what would be helpful for the unbeliever is to simply define clearly in one message what the Gospel is. What constitutes the "Good News" about Jesus Christ?

It is my personal opinion that the greatest danger to the clear proclamation of the Gospel comes from those who wish to add to the message, rather than from those who would subtract from it...but both are problems in the church.