Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Does God elect some?

13Just as it is written, "JACOB I LOVED, BUT ESAU I HATED."
14What shall we say then? There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be!
15For He says to Moses, "I WILL HAVE MERCY ON WHOM I HAVE MERCY, AND I WILL HAVE COMPASSION ON WHOM I HAVE COMPASSION."
16So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.
17For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE I RAISED YOU UP, TO DEMONSTRATE MY POWER IN YOU, AND THAT MY NAME MIGHT BE PROCLAIMED THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE EARTH."
18So then He has mercy on whom He desires, and He hardens whom He desires.
19You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?"
20On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, "Why did you make me like this," will it?
21Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use?
22What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?
23And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory,
24even us, whom He also called, not from among Jews only, but also from among Gentiles.

I could not add even one word but none of you can deny what we are taught in the Scriptures here.


48 Now when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad and glorified the word of the Lord. And as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

What about this verse?

10 Therefore I endure all things for the sake of the elect, that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

Interesting.

Please do not say that this is not enough proof. It is in Scripture. There are many more.

5 comments:

Andrew N. said...

There are many things that make me happy but I am happiest in God himself. I love the fact that I have friends that are not willing to believe what they have been told by others to believe, but instead search for the truth in scripture. It seems as though the more I study this whole "Does God elect some?" I am coming to a conclusion that many would be appalled by. I know people will bash you for this post, but before that I just wanted to let you know that not everyone will bash you. I am here to encourage you to keep searching. The truth will hold its own, so I say search and never stop seeking God's truth.

jeff hill said...

Thanks man. Of course, my goal is not to make people upset but, thinking biblically makes all the difference in the world. As far as the bashing goes "I count it all joy."!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
No More Slow Downloads With NZB Files You Can Quickly Find Movies, PC Games, MP3 Singles, Applications and Download Them @ Fast Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB[/B][/URL]

Anonymous said...

You could easily be making money online in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]seo blackhat[/URL], You are far from alone if you haven’t heard of it before. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or little-understood methods to generate an income online.

Anonymous said...

I am reading this article second time today, you have to be more careful with content leakers. If I will fount it again I will send you a link